Friday, December 10, 2010

TSA Security Measures Too Gentle

By Drew Breyer

             With complaints about water boarding a few years back and now uproar over airport security it makes me wonder when people will start caring about this country. As far as I am concerned these new security measures are about as harmful as a box full of kittens.

            Not only do I think that the full body scanners are appropriate, I approve of deep, manual exploration if the person makes a scene. In fact, I think they should be even more aggressive than the new standard to these persons, their objection makes me think they have something to hide. And don’t give me that load of crap about harmful radiation. Right when you get past the gates you’ll be headed to the Cinnabon to grab some microwaved bliss anyway, and that has never raised an eyebrow.

            I’ve got news for you folks, if you’re going to fly on a plane, you have forfeited personal rights. For the safety of yourself, and of the other passengers, just go through the nice man’s machine and don’t make a fuss. If the officer wants to jingle your junk, it’s time to get in the holiday spirit.

            I also think that these measures of scanning should be implemented in our campus transportation system. Clearly the danger is imminent, especially with Bennies driven crazy by hot Johnnies wearing Northface and ever-nearing finals. Action must be taken quickly.

            Scanners should be installed at all link bus stops, and those who protest should be forcibly frisked for any materials on their person that might put the safety of Bennies or Johnnies in jeopardy.

Oh, the things they would find! Twice I have witnessed Bennies reading Tommie propaganda, and another time I saw a person pull out a device that had a small dark screen, numbered buttons, and countless command keys, a detonator!

I can’t defend this campus alone; my two hands can only frisk so many would-be terrorists each day. Our campus has a gaping loophole in its security measures, and it is time that Campus Security and Life Safety get their act together.

            This cannot possibly be a complicated issue when taken before the St. John’s and St. Ben’s Senate. After all, there are only two sides to this debate: those in favor of security…and terrorists.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment