Sunday, December 5, 2010

Squat-jumps, Clapping Push-ups

9:00 PM

10 Rounds
18 Squat-jumps
12 Clapping pushups

For time: 16:00

Daily report:


  • Body: Calves are very sore from sprints yesterday. Difficult to walk. Squat jumps stretched them out a bit.
  • Sleep: Slept in, but still tired and not very well rested upon waking. Gary's pizza at 11:00 probably did not help.
  • Nutrition: Good lunch, not so great dinner. From this post on, I have decided to cut out dressing (i.e. ranch, blue cheese, mayo, caesar). Not a problem now, I usually put olive oil/balsamic on my salad, but what I do eat when I have these dressings is unhealthy. If it's not good enough to eat without a disgusting layer of unnatural vegetable fats, then I probably should not eat it at all. That said, wings without blue cheese is going to be difficult to get used to.
  • Notes: Just a short one today. Borrowed from Crossfit St. Paul for the workout. I underestimated this one... there's no escaping gravity with explosion at the top of these movements. Last 4 reps of each exercise killed me. Hope to do this one again in a few weeks and get a better time. Two distractions during the workout delayed me about a minute thirty. Definitely room for improvement on this one.
  • Cool link of the day: I am not an artistic person, but I found this article about The Power of Visual Thinking very interesting. Some ideas simply cannot be expressed in words, or at the very least are understood much better by picture representations. I envy quality professors and their ability to diagram ideas on the blackboard. That is a skill I do not have. I am grateful for technologies like the iPad and the Smartboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment