Monday, January 2, 2012

It's been too long

I've been pretty active for the past 10 days, but for one reason or another I haven't been updating this page.


I have been trying to get back into the OPT routine, and have been doing several of his 'function' and 'being' prescriptions. I have also been trying to get back into olympic lifting and some strength work. My metcons are good, but my strength is lacking from where I was this time last year.

I will try to remember the past several days of workouts. These were done over 3-4 sessions.


From OPT:

WOD 1:
part 1:

A. Clean Grip Dead Lift - build to a tough triple in a few sets
315

B. Power Clean 2 tough every 30 sec for 5 min
185

C. Run 800 m @ 90%; rest 2 min x 3
2.0 inc 9.5 mph

rest 6+ hours

part 2:
21,18,15,12,9,6,3 rep rounds for time:
KBS - 2pd unbroken
GHD sit ups unbroken

21,18,15,12,9,6,3 rep rounds for time:
Box Jumps - 20/14"
Push Ups

WOD 2:
part 1
A. Hang Power Clean - 3,3,2,2,1,1; rest 2 min
B. Push Press - 3,3,3; rest 4 min
C. Continuous Hang Power Clean - 10 fast reps; rest 1 min x 5 - work on grip/regrip and speed
rest as needed
part 2
for time:
300 m row
100 double unders
300 m row

WOD 3:

From Crossfit Football:

4 sets of the following complex (115#)

3 power snatch
3 snatch pull
3 power snatch 

rest as needed

WOD 4:
From main site:

Five rounds for time of:

135 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
135 pound Hang power snatch, 6 reps
135 pound Overhead squat, 3 reps

Tabata running after 2 of these 4 workouts.


Daily report:

  • Body: A little sore 
  • Nutrition: Could be better. Bringing in the new year with a clean, wheat-free diet. 
  • Sleep: Need more, and better quality. 
  • Notes: Gettin' it back. The open registration is February 1, and the first workout is on the 22nd. I've got my work cut out, that's for damn sure.

2 comments:

  1. What was your time on the main site WOD?
    135 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
    135 pound Hang power snatch, 6 reps
    135 pound Overhead squat, 3 reps

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was difficult because the bar I was using was terrible and I had no chalk. Each round was unbroken but btwn rounds I dried off my hands and the bar. I finished in about 8 min. Would like to try again at 100% intensity.

    ReplyDelete