Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kettlebell WOD


1-2-3 ... 8-9-10-9-8 ... 3-2-1
Right hand KB snatch (2 pood)
Left hand KB snatch (2 pood)
Burpees

Daily report
  • Body: Sore. Upper/lower back.
  • Sleep: Good.
  • Nutrition: Most of today was a fast. Gramma's birthday dinner was a bit of a splurge, but after this WOD it felt earned.
  • Notes: Tough. Completely unbroken but this one really tested me. Blaire Morrison (CF games competitor and HQ staff) posted an awesome video about the KB snatch that I think is worth sharing. It really helped with my form, and the pain I felt in the area below my wrist after doing snatches is not an issue anymore.

  • via Blaire Morrison: This morning’s session was all about skill. Kettlebell snatches are a great movement that I’ve needed to address technically for awhile, and thanks to my friend Zvi in Israel I now have. Using a YouTube tutorial he sent me awhile back I’ve completely adjusted and improved this movement. The weight feels lighter, smoother, and, most importantly, I’m not banging the shit out of my wrists anymore. If you want to check it out, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment