Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Crossfit HELLAS

After 3 days of classes, it was nice to have some time to get over to the local affiliate in Athens. It reminded me somewhat of Crossfit Minnesota, in that their facility is shared with a Brazilian Ju-Jitzu training center. I got there an hour early and watched an advanced class. I have to say, BJJ is a very respectable sport -- the accuracy and body awareness that's necessary to not get your ass-kicked is quite impressive. Actually, watching them made me want to slip in sometime for a beginners class. Anyways, I got in a great workout once the Crossfit crew made their way in:

Fighter's warmup (jogging around ring, arm circles, bear crawls, crab walk, walk-outs, etc)

5 rft
20 double unders
10 kbs (2 pd)
Time: don't remember, but unbroken and very short. less than 5 minutes, maybe 4.

5 minutes rest

10-9-8 ... 3-2-1
burpees
sumo deadlift highpulls w/ 2 pood kb
push press (95#)
10 double unders every minute into the wod

for time: 19:24

Daily report

  • Body: Not sore, a little tired, good.
  • Sleep: Need more.
  • Nutrition: Getting there. Made a kick ass brussel sprout stir fry earlier.
  • Notes: First wod was a breeze, second wod kicked my ass. Really like the owner at HELLAS, Mariana. I think it will be an enjoyable 6-weeks of training in addition to my studies and cultural exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment