Wednesday, March 14, 2012

back problems

I got around to doing 12.3 and got 293 reps. Definitely could have gotten into the 300+ range if I had come into it better prepared. The envirionment at Crossfit Minneapolis was fantastic, and more interesting than filming the workouts like I did for the last two. I am planning on heading down there next weekend for 12.3.

That said, my back pain has returned significantly perhaps as a result of the 12.3 workout. I should have stepped down each rep on the box jumps and not gone as hard on the push jerks. I have adjusted my workouts accordingly:

Saturday:
CF WOD 12.3
293 reps

Sunday:
Light bike ride. ~ 15 miles

Monday:
Swimming (all freestyle)
600m warmup
5 min on, 2:30 off; 6 min on, 3:00 off; 7 min on

Tuesday:
Bike ride:
15 min warmup
5 min TT; 3 min spin, 5 sets
15 min cooldown

Daily report

  • Body: Excruciating back pain, otherwise okay.
  • Mind: A bit cloudy; diet is improving from break.
  • Spirit: Listened to Zizek on both bike rides. The guy can really weave an argument. Also making my way through The Crying Lot of 49 by Thomas Pynchon. Nothing new, I guess... but exploring.
  • m/f/s: 4/4/9

No comments:

Post a Comment