Monday, April 22, 2013

update

Welp, here I am again after awhile away from logging. I have lost my rhythm a bit with everything going on at school and in my personal life but have still made time to train. I enjoy training most when I have some place to log and share it so I am going to remember that going forward.

This past weekend I ran a half marathon that I didn't train too specifically for. It was mentally challenging but I made it through in 1:56::58. I would most certainly participate in another one, though I realize that nutrition and hydration is more than half of the battle. Having to poop on mile 4 was one of the worst feelings of my life. I did, however, make the entire distance without stopping and for that I am proud.

I've been roughly following OPT's big dawgs training, and I plan to continue with that. I would like to see a significant increase in my clean&jerk and snatch so this will be a fairly good program at helping me with that along with increasing my abilities in other GPP type activities.

For nutrition, I am going to be zoning for at least the next week. I am only one meal through but I can see the best in myself come out when I eat clean and see myself sticking to it. I will report back. Beach season is among us, at least, and that is certainly motivation in itself.

Lastly, the weather has been really crummy here in Minnesota. It is April 22 and there is still snow on the ground. I hope to get my bike going as soon as the snow melts. In any case, I think the weather will be fair for the Triathlon this Friday that I will be participating in and I look forward to that.

Body: Legs are sore from the run. Otherwise pretty good.
Mind: Clear. Zoning rewires your relationship to food and I am living the benefits of weighing and measuring. Not long term, but at least for a week. Maybe two.
Spirit: My classes right now are some of the best I have ever had. Ethics and Metaphysics never cease to inspire a new outlook on life. The Magus alone had a profound impact on how I comprehend our subjectivity and what it means to live freely within out limitations.
m/f/s (mood/fatigue/soreness, lower is better): 2/2/4

No comments:

Post a Comment