Sunday, February 3, 2013

Long overdue

I'm not quite sure why I quit posting here a few months back. Around the holidays I was working out, but haven't been hitting lifts or following a sound diet as well as I could have been. While this is still worth of reporting, I guess, I just fell off the wagon.

I've been lifting 3-5 times/week since the beginning of the year. Through January, I've finally came around in my course work and have found a rhythm. Last semester I would frequently sleep past 9 or 10 AM, for example, and this semester it is seldom that I wake past 7:30 with most mornings being at 6.

I especially enjoy morning workouts, and have come around in my lifts. With ease, last week, I cleaned 265. I have not done that for awhile, and certainly could have gone heavier. I did not, as it was the last single of my set. I've seen other things come around too, such as aerobic capacity and solid lactate efforts.

For now, I'm focusing on leaning out a bit for spring. I haven't put on too much weight, but I am heavier than I was when I returned from HK. I think that I am around 195 now, and I'd like to get down to a working weight of 185. Especially with the Crossfit Open right around the corner (and I plan on competing) it will behoove me to compete at a lower weight.

I'm attempting to follow a keto-style diet, with weekends being a little more flexible. It's been good so far, and after getting away from grains I feel much better. Especially in the classroom I can tell that I'm better at listening and being attentive. I will do my best to update here, and again possibly will get the fitday.com logs going again.

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment